Table of Contents
There is something more than Facebook or Instagram. Tik Tok has appeared on the market with a bang and everything seems to indicate that it is not a passing fad. The app has become the fastest growing app in the app market. What can your brand expect from this new social network?
First thing: what is Tik Tok about?
It is essential for any marketer to be aware of new trends, understand them and know when it is time to take the plunge. Obviously, not all companies should be present on all social networks. However, you have to know how to analyze opportunities and follow the strategies developed by other brands.
Some data to understand the importance of Tik Tok
- The platform created in 2016, of Chinese origin, is present in more than 150 countries and available in 75 languages.
- It allows you to create and upload short videos of up to 60 seconds.
- The content is often associated with games and challenges.
- The interpretations in playback they are a classic.
- It is estimated that it has 500 million users.
- It has fewer users than Facebook, but more than Twitter or Snapchat.
- In 2019 it was downloaded more than 750 million times.
- The average age ranges between 16 and 24 years.
Controversy surrounds this new social network. The majority, especially the older ones, still have references to Tik Tok through the media. To date, the news about the app is surrounded by controversy. For example, the tripping challenge to schoolmates. But far from staying with the headline, we must enter and deepen.
What characters and brands are already on Tik Tok?
Many internationally. Artists like Justin Bieber or brands like the NBA. At the national level, the sum of new profiles grows. From the television program El Hormiguero to Rosalía. But the Tik Tok ecosystem has launched new profiles with @twinmelody, two Basque twins with more than 2 million followers, or @lauralp21, popular for her interpretation of Latin music. And what brands have already joined the new trend? Real Madrid, El Corte Inglés and Bershka are already active on this social network.
You already have a platform for ads
Tik Tok welcomes brands. The app already has a platform de digital advertising. From native advertising in the user's feed to specific actions to promote a specific challenge.
Tik Tok knocks on the door of your brand. What are you going to do? In Uzink, marketing consultantsWe keep track of him.